It’s the new year and that means that it’s time for the new year’s resolutions to be made and then broken within the span of a few weeks. The sad truth is that many people don’t follow through with their resolutions, regardless of how well-meaning they may be. That being said, here are 5 of the healthiest resolutions for men out there. Good luck sticking to them!
- Get fit and in shape: This is the standard new year’s resolution — the nebulous and esoteric “get in better shape”. That being said, this is a great one to work towards and everyone should try to be healthier. Don’t just focus on weights though; make sure that you include cardio into your exercise routine for a balanced workout.
- Watch what you eat: Instead of eating just meat and potatoes (probably the most stereotypical “manly” food there is), try to eat a balanced diet. Not only will this help you lose weight and look better, but you’ll also just be healthier and happier. I bet there are nutrients you’re currently missing out on that you didn’t even know about.
- Go to the doctor: There is no pride to be gained from getting sick just because you didn’t feel like you needed to go to the doctor. If you feel as though something is wrong, don’t try to just shake it off. Go to a professional and make sure that it is taken care of.
- Quit smoking: While it’s common knowledge that smoking is bad for you, addiction doesn’t pay attention to logic. Quitting smoking is the first step towards a healthier you and you’ll see the benefits across all aspects of your life, especially when you’re able to breath easier.
- Ease your stress: Stress is a killer and a leading cause of both unhappiness and unhealthiness. One of the first things you can do to get yourself on the right health track is to find ways to healthily mitigate and get rid of the stress in your life.
All of these resolutions are obviously easier said than done. That being said, once you get started on them you’ll notice an active difference in your quality of life and health. That will make it even easier to continue! If you’d like to read more, the link is here.