How many times have you complained to yourself about not bringing a healthy, packed lunch to work? I know the feeling — I’m sure that everyone knows that feeling well. Below are five tips to help make packing lunch easier and not an experience that deserves avoidance and excuses. Getting lunch delivered to your office or from a place nearby is an easy and mindless habit to fall into without even noticing. Even when you try to order healthy (such as salad), the reality is that it will never be as healthy as something you prepare yourself.
- Plan ahead: One of the best things about getting delivery or takeout at work is the minimal amount of effort required to feed yourself — one of the main issues with preparing a packed lunch. Plan ahead and prepare all of the necessary ingredients and packing items so that you can cut down on the work you need to do. Cook enough food to have leftovers for the next day or dedicate an evening to preparing lunches in advance; just plan ahead!
- Keep it simple: Healthy doesn’t have to mean complicated. Keep simple healthy ingredients on hand so that you can whip up simple and healthy meals without needing to think so hard.
- Add variety: They say that variety is the spice of life and healthy food has the potential for so much variety! Avoid getting bored of your lunch by paying special attention towards trying new recipes and using new flavors in interesting ways. There are so many delicious ways to eat healthy — can you find them all?
- Partner up: They say that misery love company! That’s a joke! But seriously though, company makes everything better and that includes eating healthy and packing lunch. Get your partner or spouse to join you in preparing lunches for the week. Turn it into a fun bonding ritual that also helps keep you in better shape.
- Stock up at work: Do you like snacking at work? Stock your desk with healthy snacks and options so that you can pack less for lunch and just supplement your lunch with snacks throughout the day.
These are just five ways to make packing lunch easier than it is. Use these tips to double down on your healthy routine and keep moving towards the improved you that you’re aiming for! Click here for the article.